To be frank, we are a little burnt out on events. We were excited to do this tri together, but at the same time, we were wishing we were at home, asleep!! We got up at 5am, I left at 525am to get the sitter (thankfully she was available so early!), and we left the house around 550am. I told the sitter that she could sleep on the couch until Xia woke up - around 8am. We drove up to the house about 540am and Xia was up and running around the house! I was in shock... Xia is NEVER up at that time. NEVER! I felt bad for the sitter!!
Once we got there, parked and hauled our stuff to transition, we realized that it was going to be a relaxed event. Competitive group, but relaxed, nonetheless. That made us relax a little and it was a great first triathlon for Oscar.
| us after setting up our transition area & about to embark on our first triathlon together:) |
My first transition time was ok - 1:49. Had to take my shades off because water kept dripping on them & then they begun to fog up! After I had my bike in hand and ready to run to the mount line, I realized I hadn't tied my shoes!! LOL! So I had to re-rack my bike, tie my shoes & then get my bike! No biggie, but there's a few extra seconds that I could've shaved off my time.
We had to bike the designated loop 3 times. I was getting discouraged with my mountain bike as all the road bikes kept passing me up. I had to maintain a good attitude while pedaling. I was bumped out that my time was going to suck, etc, etc, etc. I had to keep my head in the game and told myself to keep pedaling. Reminding myself that no mater how much I disliked the ride, it was a competition and that I needed to finish strong. Apparently all the prep talk paid off. I had a fast ride (in comparison to my other rides). 10 miles in 34:30 / 17.4 mph.
Second transition was similar to the first - 1:39. Last tri I believe my second transition time was 0:58...I was off running, when I realized I didn't have my race number on!! LOL! Had to go back to transition area and get it! So there was another 20 + seconds that I could've shaved off my time!! Oh well. Overall my transition times weren't bad at all.
The run wasn't too bad. It seemed much longer than it was...and it was only a 2.4 mile loop! I guess I was ready for the finish line, beer, mimosas, tacos, etc! I was able to maintain an 8:10 pace, which wasn't too bad. I was really hoping to be around 7:45 pace, but 8:10 wasn't too shabby! I had a great sprint at the end.
Total time: 1:07:59 (my personal goal was between 60-68 minutes - goal met!)
5th out of 10 in my age category :)
128 overall out of 235+ (?)
30th female out of 100 (?)
400m swim: 10:21 -7th in age group/45th female/136 overall
10mile ride: 34:30 / 17.4 mph pace - 6th in age group/57 female/ 176 overall
2.4mile run: 19:38 / 8:10 pace - 5th in age group / 15th female/ 73 overall
SO PROUD OF MYSELF! Again, grateful for my amazing body that is able to do these events!
No comments:
Post a Comment